Hi everyone! What do you think of when hear the terms network marketing or multi level marketing? Pyramid scheme~get rich quick~Ponzi scheme…? Many people have reservations about these business models for several reasons. First being that they or someone in their family or circle of friends have been brought into a company with lots of the DREAM but little follow up or training. This unfortunately happens because often great recruiters are not great trainers. They are just on fire to build big and forget that in the process they will leave huge gaps in their business because they lack the foundation of training a solid team. Recruiting, training and duplication are all vital for your business success.
In truth, when executed properly network marketing is one of the most POWERFUL business models out there!
Network marketing allows you to start your business at a mere fraction of the cost of a brick and mortar business. Not only that, you get to use the power of leverage to market and distribute products directly to your customers without having to stockpile large inventory. Network marketing creates the ability to have residual income while giving you the freedom to work where you want, when you want.
Here are some tips and guidelines to go by when building your network marketing business.
- Do NOT get bummed out when people don’t see the vision and jump right in. It is very rare for people to join even the most fantastic business opportunities out there on the first exposure. The fortune is in the follow-up. Often people can only process a small bit of information at a time. It is your job to help them increase their understanding of both the product and the business every time you follow up.
- Learn to listen to your customers and prospects so you can find out what makes them tick! You to be able to understand what they need so you can be as helpful as possible for your team. This is about building relationship.
- You can leverage the success of others in your company to validate the opportunity. This will increase the prospects belief that someone just like them can be wildly successful in your company.
- You don’t need to know everything about this industry to get started and be successful. You do need to be able to track down information from others in the company that will help you help your people. Be a servant leader and you will build a solid and long lasting business.
- Take care of business! This is YOUR business. Treat it as if it were a store front or franchise. You have all the same write offs as far taxes are concerned. Stay as organized as possible so your ship will sail smoothly.
Keep these tips in mind as you get started. Hard work and dedication will most definitely pay off in this industry.